The Capital District YMCA to Provide School-Age Childcare for Emergency Personnel at 9 Branch Locations, including Hoosick Falls CSD, Beginning Monday, March 23rd at 7AM.
Schools are an integral part of the community and are charged with the care and instruction of a community’s youngest members. Pursuant to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.4, all school districts in New York State have been directed by the Governor to establish plans for the care of children of essential health care workers, first responders and other critical professions and occupations.
COVID-19 is a virus easily spread by being in close proximity with others. To follow New York State’s recommendation that all citizens practice social distancing when possible, this childcare option is meant to be for district parents/guardians working in these crucial fields who have no other options available to them.
Below is a guide to determining if you may fall into one of the categories, but this is not an exhaustive list of professions which qualify.
- Essential health care workers may include licensed health professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, LPNs and nurse assistants or laboratory personnel.
- Direct support professionals may include clinicians and support staff serving the behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and child welfare communities in residential and community-based care settings.
- First responders may include paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers and firefighters, correctional officers or related support personnel necessary to execute those duties.
- Food manufacturing, production, distribution and supply including supermarket workers and food preparation.
- Transportation including commercial truck drivers of necessary supplies and equipment, transit workers, air and rail and carriers of critical and essential materials.
- Construction and manufacturing including specialized equipment related to health or safety of the public.
- Nonprofit and social services agencies providing support to families and employees in related fields.
To fulfill the Governor’s directive, the Hoosick Falls Central School District is opening a program to the children of our essential workers and first responders. These important childcare services will be provided through Capital District YMCA at the Hoosick Falls Elementary School from Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you identify as a person defined above, please complete the Child Care Survey by clicking the PURPLE button below.