As our Hoosick Falls CSD community continues to mourn the loss of Coach Ron Jones, we have had many visitors to campus, specifically the football field. We are touched by the outpouring of compassion that our community is sharing. We are all hurting over this sudden loss of a beloved and respected colleague.
While our school and fields are public property, at this time our campus is closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we anticipate that community members will want to continue to visit the field so they can pay their respects to Coach Jones. HFCSD wants to make sure our community has access for that purpose, but we also need to make sure that everyone observes social distancing protocols.
We are approaching this situation similar to how New York State is allowing access to state parks. To be clear, we are not holding an official event at this time, but will be doing so in August. Nevertheless, to help our community mourn and comfort one another we will allow the community to visit our school campus, and pay their respects privately on Saturday, May 2nd 2020 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Members of the community may leave mementos for Coach Jones at the school.
If you decide to visit the school campus, it is important that you follow both the CDC/DOH guidelines and the HFCSD guidelines listed below.
All visitors MUST be wearing a mask or face covering; no exceptions.
In the event that there are a lot of vehicles in the parking lot, please return at a later time of the day if you can, so as to minimize the number of people who are on campus at one time. Also, there will be no access to the building.
We trust our community to maintain as much social distancing as possible.
While people are allowed to walk on the field, we ask that your time is brief so others may spend time in the space. Our fields are open during the day, and if you need more time, a different day might be a more suitable option.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/State Department of Health (DOH) guidelines for preventing the spread of colds, flu, and COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or troubled breathing
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others, even though you are outdoors
- Avoid close contact, such as shaking hands, hugging, or high-fives
- Wash hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol when soap and water are not available; and
- Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces that are often touched, such as handrails.
Additionally, Hoosick Falls CSD asks you to please follow these guidelines
- Please do not travel from outside of the immediate Hoosick Falls area and keep visits short
- Visit in small groups limited to immediate household members
- Please follow the foot traffic patterns labeled on and off the field
- Please do not park along roadsides or other undesignated areas.
- If you are sick or have had contact with someone who is sick in the last 14 days STAY HOME.
- If you are over 70 or have a compromised immune system avoid visiting outdoor public spaces
Future Memorial Recognition
There will be a recognition at the opening home football game in the fall, as well as a day in August for the Hoosick Falls Football Program to have a Ron Jones Day. This day will be an opportunity for all current and past players, coaches, alumni and former coaches to come and pay their respects together as one big HF ‘team’ once social distancing is relaxed we are allowed to meet in large groups.